Previous Trick Unhooked Frontroll
Difficulty level of the trick:
Before the S-bend
before you try the S-bend there are a few skills you need and tricks you need to know.
Also the basics of kitesurfing is necessary. Check it all out in the ultimate guide How to kite surf.
How to do a S-bend
Do you feel comfortable with the railey and some unhooked frontrolls? Then it is time to take it to the next level and try out the S-bend!
- make sure you have a comfortable riding speed
- put your kite in 45-50 degrees
- go a little bit down wind
- unhook and edge your board back upwind
- load your board and pop off the water when the pull moment is at his strongest moment.
- bring your legs high up backwards above your head
- right at this point it is time to start your front rotation when your body is horizontal extended
- Start your rotation by looking over your back shoulder and bring your complete body into the rotation
- stop your rotation while bringing your legs back under your body
- push your bar back down towards your chest.
- let your legs fall down and bring your board under your body again
- make yourself ready for impact and land a little bit downwind
- edge back upwind and improve all these step every time you make a S-Bend!