The previous trick that should be in the bag:
How to do a railey kitesurfing
Now you probably mastered all the basics in kiting and it is time to start the first real unhooked freestyle move. The railey is still a signature trick for all magazines and your way up the trick stairs. So let’s start directly.
- Make sure you have a comfortable riding speed
- Put your kite in 45-50 degrees
- Go a little bit downwind
- Unhook and edge your board back upwind
- Load your board and pop off the water when the pull moment is at its strongest moment.
- Bring your legs high up backward above your head
- Extend your arms and enjoy the railey!
- Push your bar back down towards your chest.
- Let your legs fall down and bring your board under your body again
- Make yourself ready for the impact and land a little bit downwind
- Edge back upwind and improve all these steps every time you make a railey!
This move is essential to get down in your trick arsenal because it is the base for many unhooked tricks that you will attempt in the future after the railey. The S-bend is one of the following steps to take.
Want more videos?
Check out the Kitestars YouTube channel for more videos of kitesurf tricks.