The previous trick that should be in the bag:
How to do a Railey to blind:
We highly recommend being consistent in doing a Railey! If you have this trick in the bag, it is time to start your spinning game. We have the full explanation and every step that leads up to this incredible moment that brings you very close to your first handle pass.
- Get yourself a comfortable riding speed
- Keep your kite at a 45-degree angle
- Head downwind a bit to unhook
- Unhook and build tension
- Load your board upwind and take that pop for a Railey
- Keep your Railey small for easier access to the blind rotation
- Hold your head slightly above your bar during the Railey
- Bring back the front knee
- After the apex of your jump rotate your head in the opposite of your riding direction
- Let go of your backhand hand
- Your body will follow at this moment
- Accelerate your body by tucking in the knees a bit if needed
- Bring the bar as close as possible to the hip
- Hold your grip tight!
- Now land it with your head and body down
- Keep riding toeside and bring the bar to the other hand
- Now hook back in, while going a bit downwind
- This is also a good moment to get back to a normal riding stance
- Enjoy! And practice practice practice!!
Learn to kitesurf
New at the kitesurf sport and want to learn how to kite? Check our special page: Learn how to kitesurf for beginners.