This is an essential trick for almost all the tricks you will learn in the future. Because this will form the basis of your trick. You have to load your board with pressure and release it at the right moment.
How to make a pop with kiteboarding:
- get yourself a comfortable riding speed
- edge a little bit downwind
- carve your board back upwind
- press your weight in your board and resist the water and load your board with pressure
- hold the as long as possible while you kick your board up against the wind
- release the pressure and pop up as high or controlled as possible
- practise makes perfect you while recognize that every trick needs a slightly different pop
- Practise all variations and go high and tweak this basic around!